Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Snow in Summer

The day after visiting the beach, we decided to drive to Mt. Hood. We had hoped for a blue sky, but it was still pretty even with clouds interfering with our view. We looked around the lodge, and then Debby bought us tickets to ride the ski lift up high onto the mountain. Katie was a little nervous to ride the ski lift on the way up, but she got to play in snow at the top, which made it all worth it. The ride back to the lodge wasn't scary at all. We were so thankful that Debby bought the tickets.

When we got to the lodge, I couldn't believe how far out I could see! 

My giraffe loved it too!

I was happy to find a picture of President Roosevelt in the lodge! 

We got a quick snack, and we were ready for the ski lift. 

Aunt Debby, Dino, and Grandma were riding the chair right in front of us. 

When we got off the lift, we found the snow! 

I decided to climb on top of the snow, and... 

…Aunt Debby joined me. 

I threw a snowball at my mom and almost hit her! 

When the snowboarders came by, we decided to get down. 

It was such a pretty view! 

My giraffe and I decided to play a little bit more in the snow. 

I had to try to get Dino with a snowball! 

We decided to leave the lodge and stop for lunch at Aunt Debby's favorite place! 

She has a special fondness for Dairy Queen since she worked there a long time ago. 

After lunch, I just needed sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment