Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute

After we left the Nixon Library, we headed over to the Reagan Library. His library sits on a hill, and as you drive up the hill, the light posts have flags that show each of the American Presidents in order. Katie loved these flags almost more than anything else. She had so much fun announcing the presidents and seeing their faces!

We were lucky to get a fairly close parking spot because it was so crowded there! There were cars parked all the way up the hill. On that hot day, I would not have liked climbing the hill to get to the library.

Unlike the Nixon library that was closed for renovations, the Reagan library was full of things to see. It didn't look all that big from the front, but once inside, there was lots and lots to see.

After we parked, the first thing I saw was this bluebird in the tree. I loved it! 

When we got to the entrance to the library, I found a picnic table. It made me want to eat. 

This library had a fountain too, but it was turned off. 

As we entered, I found President Reagan! 

When we got inside, I found another one. I made Aunt Jennifer stand with President Reagan, while I stood with his wife. 

I got to sit in front of this green screen and read the news (with the help of Aunt Jennifer). I was feeling pretty shy though because there was a lady watching me.

In a different part of the library, people could see my newscast. 

I loved this picture when I found it! 

Aunt Jennifer and I were happy to find Air Force One! 

I also found President Reagan's limousine! 

After we walked through Air Force One, we went outside to look at the scenery. 

Then we found President Reagan's burial site before we left.

We walked away with this souvenir…a picture of us getting on Air Force One.
I love the presidents!

No comments:

Post a Comment