Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Nixon Presidential Library & Museum

When we made the connection that we would be close to two presidential libraries while we were on our trip, we knew we had to take the time to go for Katie. The first one we visited was President Nixon's library. It is currently under renovation, so a lot of it is closed to the public right now, but there was still plenty to see. Because of the renovations, there wasn't much of a crowd, which made it nice for us. We went fairly early in the morning, but the day got steamy hot fast.

I was excited to go see this fountain in front of President Nixon's library. 

Minnie Mouse and I enjoyed it for awhile! 

After visiting the fountain, we made our way into the library. 

Once we were inside, a nice man taught us all about the replica of the desk that many of the presidents have used. 

Then we went to look outside because it was getting hotter and hotter. I walked on Buzz Aldrin's moon boot footprints as we made our way.

Grandma and I thought it was pretty outside. 

I loved the rose garden! 

My mom tried to explain what these headstones were all about. It just made me have a lot of questions…Why do they put bodies in the ground? How do they get there? 

Aunt Jennifer and I were excited to find Marine One. 

While we waited for a tour of the helicopter, Grandma and I had a seat in the shade. 

This was my biggest, hot weather smile. 

After seeing Marine One, we looked at President Nixon's birthplace. His dad built this house. 

Did I mention I was hot? 

The Nixon Library has a recreation of the East Room in the White House. It was like a grand ballroom! 

You might as well dance when you have the room for it! 

I tried to hold President Washington's hand, but I wasn't quite tall enough. 

While everyone else was looking as some pictures, I found this. My mom told me it was called a bust. I asked for a picture with it. "Look! Look! I found Nixon! His head is here!"


No comments:

Post a Comment