Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Another Snow Day

Not long after our first snow day, a second snow day hit. Jennifer offered to take Katie sledding on the hill next to our house. The dogs came too. It was fun!

Before we went out into the cold, I decided I needed to make some clothes for my bear. 

Now she was ready for the cold air! 

On our first sled ride, my mom was in charge of holding the dogs at the top of the hill, but they were pulling so hard, she had to let them go. They were happy to catch up to Aunt Jennifer and me. 

The dogs wanted to keep exploring the snow instead of coming back to us. I thought it would be helpful to howl at the dogs so they would come to one of their own.

The second time down the hill I made Aunt Jennifer go in front!

It felt like a winter wonderland. 

I had never made a snowman, and I really wanted to make one. Since we don't get a lot of snow, I just made a small snowman and used a rock for a hat, leaves for arms, and small pieces off a plant for eyes. 

When we got back to our driveway, I decided to use my sand toys in the snow to make snow castles. 

I loved how they turned out! 

I kept building until I had created a whole neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment