Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sightseeing in London - Day 1

Our first full day in London was jam-packed. We started fairly early in the morning and didn't stop until late.

Our first stop was the Tower of London. My mom and sister ran out of time for the full tour last year, so that was first on our list this year. (You will notice that we don't have a lot of indoor photos at the places we visited. Many of the places don't allow photos.)

After our tour, we walked over to the Tower Bridge. After learning some history, we took the opportunity to walk across the top of the bridge. There were portions in the floor made out of glass, so as you stood on it, you could look down and see the traffic traveling across the bridge, and look down further to see the river. Katie said she was scared of it, but she was willing to keep going back on that part, so I think her fear was more drama than reality.

Our next stop was the recreation of Shakespeare's Globe Theater. Starting in the 1990s, this theater was built to look as much like the 1599 theater as possible. Our guide was so entertaining as he told us stories of the past and how they are honoring the past in the way the theater is used today. I wish our pictures had turned out better, but it was dark when we visited.

Our last stop that day was going to Hamley's Toy Store. Ever since Jennifer told Katie about the store last year, she had wanted to visit. We took a long time going through the five floors of toys. It was a dream come true for Katie!

When we went out to breakfast, I was so excited to find this advertisement for hot chocolate. I didn't care about the hot chocolate, but I was so impressed that they served an orange slice with it! Yum! 

Our first stop was in front of the Tower of London. 

My new hat was quite the sensation in London. They must not have these hats yet. I got a lot of attention over it! 

The Tower of London used to house exotic animals in the past. Now they have statues to represent the animals that once lived there. 

Six ravens guard the Tower of London. I spotted one! Can you find it? 

While our tour guide talked, I found this pigeon hiding in the rocks. I thought it was the greatest thing ever!

This was one of the guards who was guarding the Queen's jewels that we got to see. At first, I was scared of him, so Aunt Jennifer stood with me. 

With a little space, he was an okay guy. 

We watched him march back and forth. 

From inside the Tower of London, we got a sneak peak at the bridge we were going to next. 

Before we left, we had to stop at the place where Anne Boleyn (second wife of Henry VIII) was beheaded. 

Grandma made sure to stand in front of Anne Boleyn's house.

After lunch, we walked to the Tower Bridge. 

As we walked across the top of the bridge, we could look through the floor in some places. Aunt Jennifer and I liked standing on the glass. 

After a long walk, we found Shakespeare's Globe Theater. I liked the small version. 

We got to sit in the theater as we learned all about it. With the open ceiling, it got a little cold!

We got to walk up close to the stage to see it better.

 Finally, it was time to make our way to the toy store. Sometimes it's hard to wait for another train!

 The streets around the toy store were decorated for Christmas. This street had angels flying down the whole thing.

I was so happy to find Hamley's Toy Store window.

I met Queen Elizabeth II in the store. 

Then I got to sit in the Lego car. 

I also met one of my favorite characters, Peppa Pig! I loved the toy store!

No comments:

Post a Comment