Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Sightseeing in London - Day 5

The following day, we took a train to Hampton Court to see King Henry VIII's palace. It was our destination we had tried to go to the day before. It was huge! When Jennifer asked one of the guides about it, she told her it had over 1,000 rooms and 365 fire places.

After we saw it, we took the train back to London and went to Piccadilly Circus, London's version of Time Square. We had a quick bite and then headed to the M&M store, which Katie was so excited to see. Just as we were about to walk in, there was a power cut on half the street. One side was bright with a ton of lights, while the other was completely black.

Since the M&M store had to close, Jennifer took Katie into the Lego store instead. That's always a hit with Katie.

I got to sit with Grandma on the train to Hampton Court! 

When we got off the train, we saw the palace in the distance. It was really cold there! 

The palace was huge! 

I signed the visitor book, so they would know I was there! 

Every time you went through an archway, there was a new sight. 

I decided to hang out with some of the residents. 

When we went to get our tickets, they gave me this special cape to wear. It felt fancy and helped keep me warm! 

I liked it when we saw the people in period costumes. 

I got to stand in front of King Henry VIII's table. 

The dining room was huge and fancy. 

This hallway was cooler than the rest of the castle. It's said to be haunted by Catherine Howard's spirit. I never saw any ghost.

When we got our tickets, I got this activity book. Every once in a while, I had to stop and fill it out. 

Many of the rooms had pretty views like this out the windows. 

Grandma and I decided to get one last picture while we were there! 

After we got back to London, I met some interesting friends on the Underground! 

I love the Lego store. 

My mom wanted a picture of me in a telephone booth. She never said it couldn't be made of Legos! 

When I got back to the hotel, I filled out my postcards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment