Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas, 2016!

Katie, like most kids, was very excited for Christmas morning. She had been asking Santa for one thing in particular this year, Snuggles, My Dream Puppy. She had talked and talked about Snuggles and let me know every night that Snuggles gave her "happy tears" whenever she thought of the puppy.

When Katie woke up, she wanted to head down to see if Snuggles was waiting for her, but she had to wait for Grandma to get to our house. Luckily Santa remembers that grandparents sometimes want to see the action, so he left a present for Katie to look at upstairs before she went downstairs…a presidential Barbie set.

When Grandma came, Katie ran down the stairs and was so happy to find Snuggles, a stocking, some drawing paper, a science kit, and a Barbie Dreamhouse. She was one, happy girl!

Once Grandpa arrived, we had a gift-unwrapping-bonanza! It was a fun morning, full of excitement with a day in front of us full of discoveries and playing!

I always love Barbies, especially when they have similar interests to me!

I couldn't believe when I went downstairs and found Snuggles, My Dream Puppy!

She was as cute as what I imagined.

After enjoying Snuggles, I emptied my stocking and found an Uno game.

Santa must have known I've been wanting to do science experiments lately!

Grandma and Grandpa got me a Winnie the Pooh dressed for winter! I loved him!

I was so excited to get a lip gloss truck from Uncle Jeff, Aunt Grace, Ian, and Eva!

Sometimes it was fun to just watch other people open gifts.

This was the present I made for my mom. She loved it!

How did my friends, Nick and Marie, know that I love Legos and Frozen?

Santa sent me a special cup that was in honor of Disneyland's 60th anniversary.

Aunt Jennifer gave me a special My Little Pony set that I was so excited about.

I was pretty happy to get this book from Uncle Jeff, Aunt Grace, Ian, and Eva!

Santa left me another special gift too…a new Frozen nightgown.

Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe sent me some books and this calendar. I love using calendars and counting down days until our next big event!

I was happy with all of my gifts!

I broke into my new science kit to do an experiment.

I carefully added water to a penny in one vial and lemon juice to a penny in another vial. Then we waited ten minutes. I made a prediction that the water would clean the dull penny and make it shiny!

I showed Aunt Jennifer and Grandma and had them make predictions too.

I was wrong. The acid in the lemon juice cleaned the penny better than the water!

Aunt Jennifer played a lot with me and my Barbie Dreamhouse. She is the most fun to play dolls with because she's so funny!

After playing dolls, Aunt Jennifer checked to see if all of my spaghetti from my game, Yeti in My Spaghetti, would fit on my head. It did!

I got ready for my bedtime stories in my new nightgown. First, I read some of my books from Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe.

Then I read a story from Aunt Debby's book, and my mom read it to me too.

Before it was time to go to sleep, I looked at my Look and Find book. I love to find everything!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment