Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Sightseeing in London - Day 3

The next morning, Jennifer, Katie, and I walked through Hyde Park to visit the Diana Memorial Fountain before heading to Buckingham Palace for the Changing of the Guards. After that, we walked through the Royal Mews, where we were able to see one of the Queen's horses and some of the royal carriages.

After our time with royalty, we made our way back to the hotel to pick up my mom. From there, we went to see Big Ben and visited Westminster Abbey. Once again, we were not able to take pictures inside, but I don't think I would have come close to capturing the details and beauty anyway.

Our next stop was the London Eye. It was completely worth the money to see the skyline of London at night. It was a nice ride. While we were in it, Katie spotted a carousel, so the carousel was our last spot before we headed back to the hotel.

I loved everything about Hyde Park. I would have stayed here all day if we could have! 

I went for a short jog while my mom and Aunt Jennifer walked. 

You never know when you'll look up and see something beautiful! 

This statue was by the Diana Memorial Fountain. 

Since it was early and cold, there weren't a lot of people at the fountain, so we could enjoy it as much as we wanted. 

One of my favorite parts of the park was walking down to the water and seeing the swans. 

They were so graceful! 

Everywhere we looked, it was pretty. 

We walked through the Wellington Arch on the way to Buckingham Palace. 

We had to watch the Changing of the Guard from the side, but we had a front row seat. 

As we waited, the Horse Guards rode by us. 

The Changing of the Guards is a big process. 

These guards were checking out the area by us. They walked back and forth a lot of times. I caught one of them smiling once! 

I was excited to see one of the Queen's horses in the Royal Mews. 

We saw a lot of royal carriages. 

My favorite was the carriage that was used for Queen Elizabeth II's coronation. 

It had lots of gold details.

 Jennifer was excited about it too!

Do I look like a guard?

After visiting the Royal Mews, we went to see the front of Buckingham Palace. 

The queen was in residence, so we waited awhile for an invitation to tea.

Then we walked across the street to see the Queen Victoria Memorial. 

I decided to just sit for a few minutes since my feet were tired. 

Of course, I had to have at least one picture where I tried to make a funny face! 

We stopped by Piccadilly Circus before we went back to the hotel. We saw a street performer that I loved. He had a Michael Jackson puppet, and he made the puppet dance to his music. I gave him some money, and his puppet waved at me!

I love most things that involve singing and dancing!

After we picked up Grandma and had lunch, it was already getting dark. We stopped for picture with Big Ben. 

Then we waited in the cold darkness to get into Westminster Abbey. 

I liked the entrance because it was lit up with pink lights! 

It was huge! My favorite thing I saw was the coronation chair. 

When we left Westminster Abbey, I just had to get a picture with the Abraham Lincoln statue. I was happy to see him! 

Of course, Aunt Jennifer and I had to get our pictures taken as we made our way to the Eye of London. 

I couldn't wait to get to the very top! 

From inside our car, we could see London all lit up. 

I loved going on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment