Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 5, 2016

On Our Way to London

After my mom and sister went to London last fall, they convinced Katie and me that we should go there  too. We decided that we would all go on Thanksgiving week this year.

Katie had been excited for the trip - like she is with every trip. She had packed, and we were ready to go the next day. She went to one final dance lesson. After class, Katie's friend lifted her up. They lost their balance, and they fell on Katie's arm. When she was still crying after an hour and not lifting her arm, I decided I better take her to Urgent Care to make sure her arm wasn't broken.

After x-rays, the doctor said that he didn't see a break. He also said that you can't always see breaks right away with kids Katie's age. He let me know that if her arm was still sore in a half a week, we would have to find a place in London to get her arm x-rayed again. We crossed our fingers that her arm would get better and left Urgent Care with a sling.

After a painful night, Katie was ready to go. I wish I could be that excited for a long plane ride! As always, Katie did really well on the plane. She was able to entertain herself and sleep for a good portion of the trip.

When we got to London, we took the very crowded Underground to our hotel. We accidentally got off one stop too soon and consequently got to trek through the city with our luggage, but we made it! One of Katie's favorite parts of any trip is getting to stay at a hotel, so she was happy! The long trip there was worth it!

I felt pretty sad when I hurt my arm. I was worried about getting x-rays, but they didn't hurt, and my doctor was really nice! 

Before we left the next morning, I was excited to find a package from Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe! Thanks for the card and hair clips! I took the clips to London with me! 

I always love getting on the shuttle to the airplane. I like to sit in the back seats that sit up higher than the rest of the seats. 

While we waited for the plane, I played with my rubber duck that I packed. I told my mom it would come in handy! I also decided I was tired of my sling, so I just let my left arm hang limply at my side. 

My dog, Collie, and I were ready for the long plane ride! 

My mom got me a travel journal, and there were fun games in it that I got to do on the plane! 

After a while though, I just had to sleep. It's a good thing I can sleep anywhere! 

When we finally got to London, I wasn't very happy to be on such a crowded train that was having big delays. Since there were no seats, we had to stand. Luckily, I could sit on top of my mom's suitcase!

Even in a crowded train, I can still fall asleep! 

I was so happy when I got to my hotel room that I did a dance on the bed!
Get ready London…here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment