Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Dance Performance

Katie recently had her annual Christmas dance performance. It's very informal, but fun to see at the same time. Families are invited to sit in the classroom while students have a modified dance class, and they share a special dance at the end. When it is all over, there are treats for the kids to have. I loved it!

Before the class started, Gabby and I compared heights. We've been dancing together since we were two, and I used to be taller than her! 

We start every class with warm-ups. 

We move our feet up and down and up and down. 

Then we sit in different positions, and... 

…"kiss our toes." 

The last part of warm-ups is practicing ballet arm positions. 

I try to make my arms look just like Ms. Moriah's. 

It was tricky to learn all of the arm positions by names. 

This is my favorite position. 

After warm-ups, we do our barre work. 

This was part of our barre practice.

A lot of our work requires balance. 

This works our leg muscles more than it looks like it does!

I like to do plies. 

I told my mom that I was trying hard to do everything just right. 

This is one of the things that takes the most concentration. 

I was trying really hard!

This is easy for me though. 

This was the last part of our barre work.

After barre work, we practiced our ballet leaps. Ms. Moriah told me what to do because I was first. 

I try to leap gracefully!

I was so excited for my princess dance!

After our performance, I ate an orange and gave Garyldine this cute cheese stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment