Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Chrismas Eve, 2016

We stayed home for Christmas Eve this year other than a couple of errands. After cleaning and organizing Katie's room in anticipation of new toys, I spent some time with Katie making some Christmas tree ornaments. I had found some Melissa and Doug Mess Free Glitter ornaments, and they were so much fun and easy to do.

After putting our six new ornaments on our tree, I finally got around to wrapping my presents while Katie played in her room. She was patient for awhile, but then I started getting letters under my door at the rate of about one per minute to let me know she was getting a little tired of waiting for me. She was willing to wait, but she wanted me to hurry!

After that, our cousins, Garyldine and Jim came over to drop off gifts. While they were here, Katie helped them open their gifts from her that she got on her special trip to the dollar store. Then they let her open their gift to her. Katie was so excited to begin her unwrapping the night before Christmas!

When it was time to go to bed, Katie had plans to trap Santa, so she could see him in person. She was going to stay awake all night, but sleep took over her plans!

The first glittery ornament I made was a tree! 

Later, I put glitter ornaments on this paper tree. 

While my mom vacuumed, I tried to take pictures with Sophie! 

After that, I tried to sit on the shelf that I loved sitting on when I was little. I didn't fit quite as well! 

When Garyldine heard she had special gifts coming from me, she was excited! 

I'm pretty sure she loved her Santa headband. 

I explained that we could share some of the gifts in her bag. She was excited about that. 

Jim the Elf was excited for his snowman headband too. 

We always have fun together. 

I gave Jim this game. After putting the hat on, other people try to throw rings onto the posts. 

Garyldine and I tried, but it was hard! 

Of course, everyone had to have a turn with the hat. 

We all loved it,... 

…especially me! 

After playing, I got to open my big gift. 

I loved my doll. Thank you Garyldine, Jim, and Aunt Jody! 

After opening my gift, I saw all of the paper and figured it was just waiting for me to design a dress with it! I loved my snowflake dress. 

Grandma and Grandpa surprised me with a dress to match my doll's dress. 

I was so impressed with the fact that my doll's eyes opened and closed as she sat up and laid down. I had never seen a doll like that, so I tried it over and over. 

Before I went to bed, I wanted to try my headband on a different way. I loved it both ways! 

After my doll and I got ready for bed, we went to hear our bedtime story of Frosty the Snowman. I'll be waiting for you, Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment