Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, December 9, 2016

Sightseeing in London - Day 4

We had our next day all planned out, but plans changed when our train was cancelled. After that, it was a bit later than normal. We decided to head over to see St. Paul's Cathedral, or as Katie knows it, the Bird Lady's stairs from Mary Poppins. Once again, the cathedral was beautiful inside, but pictures aren't allowed, so we tried to get some pictures from the outside.

After that, we headed over to Kensington Palace. Our tour became a mystery called, "The Case of the Missing Grandma." My mom decided to start the tour by taking the elevator, while Jennifer, Katie, and I took the staircase right next to the elevator. We got to the top of the stairs, and my mom wasn't there. Jennifer went back down and looked while I waited upstairs by the elevator. We couldn't find her anywhere. We waited around for awhile and then decided to go through the palace to see if we could find her. Katie was very worried the whole time. When we finally got to the very end of the tour, we found her. Strangely enough, the elevator right next to our stair case stopped at a different floor than the stair case. We were all happy to reunite as we looked at the last part together.

When the tour ended, Jennifer took Katie through the maze behind the castle. Katie couldn't have been happier. She loves those mazes.

We walked back to the hotel through Katie's favorite park. Once again, we visited her favorite swans, and one came up out of the water to say hello.

After we got back to the hotel, we dropped my mom off, and the rest of us walked back to the museum to get Katie a souvenir. It was another jam-packed day.

When we got to St. Paul's Cathedral, there was a service going on, so we had to wait a bit for our tour. 

It was very pretty there! 

Sometimes it's hard to get a picture in front of a very tall building! 

It was another cold and windy day. It was a good thing I had my hat while I waited!

This is how I knew about St. Paul's Cathedral.

I wanted to sing "Feed the Birds," but I got shy around all the people. My version ended up quiet and in slow motion, but I can say I sang it!

On the way to Kensington Palace, I fell asleep on the Underground. Riding those trains put me to sleep almost every time I was on them.

When we got to Kensington Palace, I rested on this fancy seating area. 

I couldn't believe how wide this dress was! How would you get through the door? 

This dress was more like it! 

Back behind the palace, there was a maze made out of hedges. I wish I could see it in the summer! 

Every once in awhile, I'd pop up (with Aunt Jennifer's help) and wave hello to my mom and grandma. 

At the top of the maze, Aunt Jennifer and I saw this pretty view.

Before we left, my mom and I took a picture in front of the palace.

I loved this statue of Queen Victoria! 

I made my mom and grandma get a picture with it too! 

I went to visit the swans again as we walked through the park towards our hotel. 

This swan got out of the water to come see us. Aunt Jennifer told me that you have to be careful around swans, so I put her in between the swan and me. 

We still got a picture with it though. 

At the end of the night, I was so happy when Aunt Jennifer bought me this dinosaur from the museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment